Chole is authentic Punjabi dish loved by everyone. Chole is a really simple and tasty recipe. You can enjoy chole for breakfast as well as lunch with roti.
Today we are learning an easy way to prepare chole.
Ingredients for Punjabi Chole or Chana Recipe:
1/2 tbsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp chana masala
2 tbsp red chili (Lal Mirch) powder
1/2 tbsp. soda bi-carbonate(optional)
1 tbsp dry mango powder (amchur)
2 tbsp coriander- cumin powder
1 cup of chick pea/chole (Kabuli Chana)
3 tbsp vegetable oil (ghee)
1/2 tsp pepper powder
salt (namak) to taste
1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
2 tblsp coriander leaves (dhania patta) chopped
1 green chili
How to make Punjabi Chole or Chana:
- Soak the chole in water for at least six hours and then drain.
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Wash two tomatoes and cut quarter and make tomatoes slices of the remaining.
- Mix in water and 1/2 tsp of soda bicarbonate to the chana and stir-fry in a pressure cooker for 6-7 vessels. Chole should be soft and should get easily mashed.
- Heat up the ghee in a vessel and keep on low flame. Add chopped onion and fry them until it turns to golden color.
- Now add dhania-jeera powder, mix and fry them and now add chopped Let tomatoes get cooked until its raw smell goes and it should start releasing oil.
- Now add chana masala, red chili powder and fry again.
- Mix in the boiled chana/chole and salt and cook for 10 minutes on low flame. So that masala will completely mix with chole.
- After five minutes, mix in the garam masala powder, amchur powder, and black pepper powder and stir fry for two minutes.
- Your chole is ready to eat.